02 January, 2008
Deborah Gallagher, former chief technology officer at the Defense Department’s Access Card Office, has moved to the Homeland Security Department to help implement Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12. Gallagher played a key role in DOD’s Common Access Card program. To date, DHS has made little progress toward complying with HSPD-12, according to the IDManagement.gov Web site. DHS was one of four departments for which the Office of Management and Budget granted an extension of the HSPD-12 deadline. Most agencies have until Oct. 27, 2008, to fully implement the smart card program. DHS officials said they would implement 80 percent of the program by December 2008 and the other 20 percent by 2010.
Read the full article here.